Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Tel Malish..

This is one of the many things which Indians are truly masters at..Right from the road side barber to the esteemed hair stylists everyone seems to have the expertise in this field...Infact the roadside one does better i've heard !The style defers from person to person and each is innovative in his own way..
Today I had this opportunity at my local barber's shop to go through this experience (after quite a long time)..The first question asked was "Kaunsa tel bhai" .I was like..huh..koi bhi jo aap theek samjho..He was quick to pass on a chirpy smile..I closed my eyes and then with that began the most enchanting journey with caressing to fine kneading with back thumping in between..The music as usual was playing loud as it does in most local saloons..He arduously carried out his task taking me slowly n steadily into the rhythm of his movements.As his expert hands soaked in oil went through my hair it felt like this should go on and on..It appeared like the barber's magical fingers had cast a spell over me and I was being hypnotized by him !
As the pace slowed down ,i slowly started getting back to senses with satisfaction glistening on my face..I paid him his fees and got off the shop with a lighter head on my shoulders albeit a bit sticky !!

2 comments:

TEJAS HAJIRNIS said...

Heh Omu,
I remembered the greatest oil massage on earth. Thanks to our mom who wacked our heads in d winters saying our heads r too dry....:) She "rugadofied" oil in our heads as if she was directly creating information pathways via trans-dermal route.
I donot know about you but I always believed I became a little more intelligent every time she massaged the oil on my frenzy head. Thanks to her.....:):) :)

Maverick said...

@ miracles
well was just a bit of overdose of intelligence for me..:-) :-) hahaha